City Clerk


State Primary Election Notice 


The City Clerk administers elections, registers voters, serves as clerk to City Council and is the official record keeper for the City.

City Records

The City Clerk's office is responsible for maintenance of City records, which includes all recorded actions of the City Council as well as deeds, easements, contracts and other general records, including Brookside Cemetery, which is owned and managed by the City. For Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission or Zoning Board of Appeals information, contact Development Services Department Director Brad Raymond at 424-6548. For all other information, including Freedom of Information Requests (FOIA), call Tonya Miller at the City Clerk's Office at 424-6541.

FOIA Policy Changes effective July 1, 2015

City of Tecumseh Freedom of Information (FOIA) Policy

Code of Ordinances

Elections and Voter Registration

Public Notice of Election Commission Meeting 6/28/2018

Voter Registration - Election Information

You may check the status of your voter registration in the City by calling 424-6541 or 424-6545. You may also check your voter registration status on the web by accessing the Secretary of State's voter information center at

New Photo ID Requirement to Vote:

Due to recent court ruling, all Michigan voters must show current photo identification before voting at the polls.  Voters can satisfy the picture identification requirement by showing a current Michigan driver's license or personal identification card.  A voter who is unable to show picture identification can vote after signing an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.

Licenses and Permits Issued by the Clerk's Office

Garage Sale permits, Temporary and Permanent Business Licenses, Solicitor's Licenses (for door to door sales), Non Profit Soliciting Licenses, Going Out of Business Licenses, Street Opening Permits and Water and Sewer Tap Permits can be obtained through the City Clerk's Office. Stop in the Clerk's Office or you may call Tonya Miller at 424-6541 or 424-6545 for requirements and costs.

Water and Sewer Services

Water and sewer billing is managed by the Account/Utility Clerk Angie Gwilt. For information concerning water and sewer rates, how to obtain a separate water meter for a lawn sprinkler or to obtain general information concerning water and sewer bills call Angie Gwilt at 424-6545.